My battery charger is charging very slowly
If you are experiencing problems with flat top cells not making proper contact with the battery charger terminal, here are a few things you can try:
- Use a battery spacer: Some battery chargers come with a spacer that can be inserted between the battery and the charger to help improve the contact. If your charger doesn't come with one, you can purchase a battery spacer separately.
- Use a magnet: You can place a small magnet on top of the flat top cell to help improve the contact with the charger terminal. This is particularly useful if the charger uses a magnetic connection to charge the battery.
- Use a conductive material: You can try using a small piece of aluminium foil or copper tape on top of the flat top cell to help improve the contact with the charger terminal. However, be careful not to cover the entire cell as this can create a short circuit.
- Clean the contacts: If the battery charger terminals are dirty or corroded, it can affect the contact with the battery. Use a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab or a soft cloth to clean the terminals.
- Use a different charger: If none of the above solutions work, it's possible that the charger you are using is not compatible with flat top cells. Try using a different charger that is specifically designed for flat top cells.